Summer is just around the corner, and we’re eagerly getting ready to reopen the Snowmass Mountain and Aspen Mountain to mountain bikers, hikers, nature lovers, and of course, families.
So what do families have to look forward to this summer?
- Riding the Elk Camp and Silver Queen Gondolas – While the journey up is just the beginning, for many kids, the ride up the gondola is an indelible vacation highlight.
- Camp Aspen/Snowmass – Every day of the week at Camp Aspen/Snowmass, we are offering up something new for the little ones. Themed programming each day ranges from arts-and-crafts to water exploration, mountain boarding to paintball. Special multi-day camps are also available.
- Mountain Biking on Snowmass – Families can explore more than 50 miles of trails, from lean-and-mean to easy-going. A family favorite? Easily the Expresso Trail.
- Hiking Through Fields of Wildflowers – Both the Silver Queen and Elk Camp gondolas provide quick and easy access to classic subalpine meadows. Kids will not only love exploring a rainbow of colorful flowers, but also stare in awe at the nearby Elk Mountains.
- Conquer a Climbing Wall, or Bounce on the Eurobungy – Our climbing wall is a great introduction to rock-climbing, while the Eurobungy is a great introduction to giggle fits.
- Firing Away at Paintball – Check out our Paintball Course on Snowmass Mountain — it’s a little like “tag, you’re it!” but a whole lot messier and wild. (Suitable for ages 8 and older).
- Shred the Mountain on a Mountainboard – Think of it as fat-tire skateboarding. Kids of all ages — but especially teens looking for something different — love shredding it on our fleet of mountainboards. Lessons available.
- Play a Round of Disc Golf – Take your pick from three 18-hole disc golf courses on Snowmass Mountain and Aspen Mountain. Proper attire — i.e. T-shirt, shorts, whatever feels good — is suggested.
- Enjoy a Private Campout – Aspen/Snowmass offers private, group and kids-only campouts on Snowmass Mountain throughout the summer. Learn more about these guided camping adventures.
- Laugh at the Night Away at Valhalla Nights – From July 11 to August 29, we host an evening party under the stars at Elk Camp Restaurant. Kids love roasting s’mores on the bonfire, as well as our Strider Park, climbing wall, movies, live music, lawn games and of course, delicious dinner items from the revered Elk Camp Restaurant kitchen. New this year: themed Valhalla Nights on select Tuesdays.
AND NEARBY …
In addition to the awesome, family-oriented activities being held on the mountain, you can also enjoy the following activities throughout the area:
- Take a scenic, guided horseback ride in the Rockies.
- Raft one of Colorado’s majestic whitewater rivers, such as the Roaring Fork, Eagle and Colorado Rivers, or give the fast-growing sport of stand-up paddleboarding a try.
- Hook a trout on one of Colorado’s beautiful lakes or in the Roaring Fork and Frying Pan Rivers.
- Shop the famous designer boutiques, bookstores and toy shops of Aspen.
- Attend an outdoor festival or live music concert.
- Visit Maroon Lake and take a family selfie with the Maroon Bells in the distance.
- Rent cruiser bikes and take a spin around downtown Aspen.
- Visit the historic ghost town of Ashcroft.
- Cheer from the sidelines of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
- Head down-valley to Glenwood Springs for the afternoon, to enjoy the hot springs or ride a bike up scenic Glenwood Canyon.