X Games Aspen is upon us, and if it’s your first time visiting we’ve got the info you need to make sure that your X Games experience is the best it can be. Read on to find out where you can park, how to watch the X Games, and more helpful tips to have you navigating the next week like a pro.
Spectating & Venue Hours
The venue will be open to guests and spectators during the following dates and times:
- Thursday, Jan. 23: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 24: 10:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 25: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 26: 11 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.
*Buttermilk Mountain is open to the public daily from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Uphilling is not allowed during the X build, games, and tear down
- X Games Aspen 2014 will take place January 23-26, 2014 at Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen, Colorado.
- The event is free to the public. All events are held outside. Proper outdoor attire is recommended.
- Event Parking is located at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot at Hwy 82 and Brush Creek Rd. Free Shuttles provided.
- For X Games, Aspen and Roaring Fork Valley public transportation information, please call RFTA, at 970-925-8484, or go to www.rfta.com
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, the following items are not allowed at the X Games: large bags, weapons, alcohol, coolers, pets (working animals excepted, i.e. guide dog), folding chairs, large umbrellas, laser-lights, noisemakers, i.e. air-horns; beverages of any kind, with the exception of factory-sealed water in plastic bottles. All person/bags are subject to search at all times, on or in the parking lots, shuttles, at Wagner Park and Buttermilk properties.
- X Games Aspen is a non-smoking, alcohol, drug and marijuana free event. Please refrain from smoking in all public areas. Tailgating and Camping are not permitted in the Brush Creek Intercept Lot.
- The X Games reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone at any time. Large posters and banners must be checked by security before being allowed in the venue. X Games reserves the right to refuse admission of any signage at any time. Sticks or poles to hold flags/banners are not permitted.
- The X Games & Aspen/Snowmass is not responsible for lost or stolen goods or damage to any items.
- Commercial photography or videography is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in ejection and/or loss of credential/ticket. Specifically, the following equipment is not permitted: Lenses greater than three and one half inches in length, telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind, interchangeable lenses of any kind, monopods or tripods or flash equipment of any kind. All wireless equipment must be cleared by ESPN.
- All existing facility policies may be enforced in addition to X Games venue policies.
- Gates and/or specific competition venues will be closed when capacity is reached.
X Fest is the designated Official X Games Sponsor and Exhibitor Village. Located at the base of Buttermilk Mountain, X Fest showcases the culture and lifestyle of action sports. From product demos, giveaways, and live entertainment, to athlete autograph signings and award ceremonies; X Fest is the best place to get hooked up.
X Fest Hours of Operation:
Thursday, Jan. 23: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 24: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 25: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 26: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Featuring SAVOY (FREE SHOW)
Born in Boulder, CO and based in Brooklyn, NY; SAVOY is a live electronic music hybrid consisting of DJs Ben Eberdt, Gray Smith and drummer Mike Kelly. The SAVOY experience can be described as a high energy dance party and laser spectacular that has been referred to as “mind blowing” on multiple occasions.
When: January 24 – 5:30pm
Where: Upper Gondola Plaza, Aspen Mountain
Price: Completely FREE!
X Games Music
X Games Music Concerts are held at Wagner Park on S Mill St. in Downtown Aspen on Saturday, Jan. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014. Fans can purchase $30 general admission tickets or $150 X Games Music Premium Club tickets, which include heated tent with viewing platform, food and drink. Tickets can be purchased at www.bellyupaspen.com. Prices do not include applicable service fees. Tickets can be purchased day of show from 10:00 a.m.– 6:30 p.m. at the will call/ticket office located on Mill St. next to Wagner Park (Based on availability). Tickets are scanned at the time of entry and no re-entry is permitted. Concessions will be available for purchase on-site at an additional cost.
X Games Music Schedule:
Saturday, January 25
Doors: 3:00 p.m.
Matt & Kim: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Phoenix: 5:15 – 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 26
Doors: 3:00 p.m.
Axwell: 4:00 – 5:05 p.m.
Tiesto: 5:20 – 6:30 p.m.
Transportation (Ride The Bus!)
PARKING & SHUTTLES
Event Parking for X Games Aspen 2014 is located at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot, (North side of Hwy 82 & Brush Creek Road) west of the Airport. X Games shuttles will run continuously from the Brush Creek Intercept Lot to the X Games venue at Buttermilk Mountain 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. from Jan. 23 – 26.
Shuttles will also run from Downtown Aspen and Snowmass to Buttermilk from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. and from Aspen Highlands to Buttermilk from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. from Jan. 23-26. There will be no direct transportation to/from Buttermilk to Highlands after 4:30 p.m. Guests can take a regularly scheduled bus into Aspen and transfer to an X Games bus at the Ruby Park location. Outbound shuttles to the Brush Creek Intercept Lot, Aspen and Snowmass will run 45 minutes after the last competition concludes.
There is no charge for parking at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot or for the Shuttle Service to the venue. Pay parking is available in downtown Aspen.
*NOTE: Regularly scheduled RFTA shuttles (www.rfta.com) can bring you to the venue should you park in the Brush Creek Intercept Lot prior to 9 a.m. The last X Games shuttle departs from the venue’s main entrance 45 minutes after the last competition concludes each night.
RFTA provides extensive and free bus service around the town of Aspen. Shuttles run continuously during peak morning and afternoon hours. Call 970-925-8484 or go to www.rfta.com for more information. There will be a direct X Games bus 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. from Ruby Park Station (downtown Aspen) to/from Buttermilk Mountain. Anyone requiring transportation outside of Aspen/Snowmass, such as Glenwood Springs, Carbondale or Basalt, should reference RFTA for assistance.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP AREA
Guests can be dropped off and picked up at the base of Buttermilk Mountain. Take Hwy 82, turn at Owl Creek Rd. and take first left into Buttermilk Parking Lot. Loading and unloading only. NO parking or waiting.